Family Leadership Center Course Policy
In a Family Leadership Center class, you will learn powerful alternatives to authoritarian and permissive parenting. In the process, your children will learn skills that will enable them to thrive with responsibility and resilience and you will grow more connected and have more fun in the process. Our course will provide you with ideas, strategies and a community to support you as you work with and encourage the children in your life. The tools that you’ll gain in our programs are doable and often seem simple to initiate, yet the results can be profound.
Our ultimate goal is to help you build a respectful relationship with a child that holds everyone accountable and builds responsibility muscles and the tools to maintain your connection long into the future.
When registering for a multi-week class, we ask that you commit, to the best of your ability, to attend each of the sessions and bring your full participatory spirit. Your voice matters and you are an integral part of the learning community.
We are committed to providing you with:
- Robustly researched and proven tools, concepts, and strategies based on Adlerian theory and Individual Psychology for raising resilient and responsible children.
- Engaging live sessions full of activities to allow you to practice and interact with the content.
- Skillfully facilitated spaces for honesty and openness.
- An inclusive community where all are welcomed and encouraged to participate. Family Leadership Center does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
- Access to a vast library of resources, as well as a friendly staff and course guide team that is here to support you.
We ask that all participants:
- Make their best effort to attend all 8 sessions, missing no more than 2 sessions due to prior commitments.
- If something comes up, we ask participants to let us know prior to a session regarding their attendance for activity planning purposes.
- If a participant needs to cancel registration entirely, we ask participants to contact Family Leadership Center as soon as possible, so that we might offer the space to the next person on the waitlist.
- Arrive on time for each session with an open mind.
- Engage in the class (video on, when possible!) and bring an openness to practicing new ideas.
- Protect the confidentiality of all other participants by keeping conversations regarding the details of other participants and their families private.
- Protect the proprietary work of Family Leadership Center by agreeing not to copy or distribute the materials presented and provided in the course without permission.
- Provide feedback upon completion of the course and/or a written testimonial about their experience.
General terms applicable to all services provided by Family Leadership Center and our team members.
You understand and agree that the information expressed during a parenting class is intended to be general educational information with respect to common parenting issues. Information is based on Family Leadership Center team members’ training and experience, and it is offered in good faith and always as an invitation – you do not have to use this information.
The information provided by Family Leadership Center and our team members is educational and does not constitute legal or professional advice, neither is it intended to be. By taking a course or workshop with Family Leadership Center, you agree that the concepts and ideas discussed are not a substitute for professional advice such as a medical doctor, psychiatrist, or counselor.
Furthermore, you agree that any decisions you make, and the consequences thereof, are your own. Under no circumstances can you hold Family Leadership Center liable for any actions that you take. You agree not to hold Family Leadership Center liable for any loss or cost incurred by you, or any person related or associate with you, as a result of discussions, materials, techniques, or coaching offered by Family Leadership Center and our team members.
Lastly, you agree that you shall indemnify Family Leadership Center team members in the event of any claim, including but not limited to any claims made against Family Leadership Center, by any person related or associated with you. Nothing in the content materials shall be considered legal, financial, or actuarial advice.