Demystifying and Delighting in the Teens in Your Life
LIVE online, eight-session experiential learning opportunity
Designed for: parents, grandparents, caregivers, and teachers of teens (age 12+)
Teens offer fresh challenges, and many ask:
- Why won’t they help out around the house?
- How much freedom should I give them?
- What is a reasonable technology limit, and how to uphold it without a fight EVERY time?
- What’s up with their attitude?
In two months, we’ll help you tackle these problems and more.
Leave each session with the skills to:
- Improve your relationship with your teen
- Communicate in a way so that you are more likely to be heard and understand each other
- Solve problems with a simple framework
- Handle stress so that you can approach recurring problems differently
- Lead your family in an encouraging and truly powerful way
- Break the code to misbehavior and learn how to support your teen’s growth in a positive direction
- Create goals for your family and clear skills to be able to reach your goals
- Engaging activities and exercises to practice in the class and take home to share with your family
- Facilitated group conversation board
- Instructors available by text and email between classes
WHO: parents, grandparents, caregivers and teachers with children (age 12+) in their lives
WHAT:LIVE, online, eight-week course
WHEN: Thursday evenings, 7:30 – 9:30 pm EDT
DATES: September 23, 30, October 7, 14, 21, 28, November 4, 11
WHERE: Via Zoom
COST: This program is offered tuition-free out of a commitment to make this work available to all.
PROGRAM GUIDES: Dara Kessler & Paige Trevor
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE FALL 2021 COHORT OF THIS CLASS
Stay tuned for the dates of our Winter cohort.
Place your name on our list, if you’d like to be notified as soon as registration is open for the next class.
FALL 2021 CURRENT PARTICIPANTS
Enter the course here.
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD
Download our brochure to share with friends,
Fall 2021 Classes Flier
and find us on facebook.
This program is offered tuition-free out of a commitment to make this work available to all. We greatly appreciate the donations given by participants who have attended our programs as well as our community of Family Leadership Center supporters and friends. You help make our commitment a reality with your generosity. We are also funded in part this season by a grant from the Principle Business Fund of the Greater Toledo Community Foundation.
To make a donation to Family Leadership Center to support our programs, please donate here.