A special program featuring fellow parent educators: Dara Kessler and Paige Trevor, brought to you by Family Leadership Center.
This class is currently full and in session. Click below to be notified of the next available course starting.Notify Me
Teens offer fresh challenges and many ask:
- Why won’t they help out around the house?
- How much freedom should I give them?
- What is a reasonable technology limit and how to uphold it without a fight EVERY time?
- What’s up with their attitude?
In two months, we’ll help you tackle these problems and more.
Leave each 90 minute LIVE online session with the skills to:
- Improve your relationship with your teen
- Communicate in a way so that you are more likely to be heard and understand each other
- Solve problems with a simple framework
- Handle stress so that you can approach recurring problems differently
- Lead your family in an encouraging and truly powerful way
- Break the code to misbehavior and learn how to support your teen’s growth in a positive direction
- Create goals for your family and clear skills to be able to reach your goals
- Course kit: includes your choice of a hard copy or an ebook of the class text book: Positive Discipline for Teens by Jane Nelsen and Lynn Lott
- Engaging activities and exercises to practice in the class and take home to share with your family
- Facilitated group conversation board
- Instructors available by text and email between classes
When: Thursdays (8 weeks): Noon – 1:30 pm EDT
April 29, May 6, 13, 20, 27, June 3, 10, 17
Where: Via Zoom
Cost: We are grateful to offer this program at no charge, thanks to generous donations from our community of FLC supporters and friends. If you’d like to make a donation to FLC to support our programs, please donate here.
LIVE online 8-week course
Designed for: parents, grandparents, caregivers and teachers
Course based on the curriculum by Positive Discipline, Solving the Mystery of Parenting Teens
Program Guides: Dara Kessler & Paige Trevor