An approach to raising the teens & tweens in your life with resilience, respect, and responsibility
Teens offer fresh challenges, and many ask:
- Why won’t they help out around the house?
- How much freedom should I give them?
- What is a reasonable technology limit, and how to uphold it without a fight EVERY time?
- What’s up with their attitude?
In two months, we’ll help you tackle these problems and more.
Leave each session with the skills to:
- Improve your relationship with your teen
- Communicate in a way so that you are more likely to be heard and understand each other
- Solve problems with a simple framework
- Handle stress so that you can approach recurring problems differently
- Lead your family in an encouraging and truly powerful way
- Break the code to misbehavior and learn how to support your teen’s growth in a positive direction
- Create goals for your family and clear skills to be able to reach your goals
This program is designed specifically for parents with children ages 12 and up.
- Engaging activities and exercises to practice in the class and take home to share with the children in your life
- Facilitated group conversation board
- Instructors available by text and email between classes
DATES: April 5, 12, 19, 26, May 3, 10, 17, 24
SESSION TIMES: 8:00 – 9:30 PM Eastern
WHERE: Via Zoom, with materials hosted on our virtual learning platform
COST: This program is offered tuition-free out of a commitment to make this work available to all.
REGISTER NOW* FOR THE SPRING 2022 COHORT (30 Spaces Available)
Going forward, our online class sizes will intentionally be kept to a smaller size to foster an engaged and supportive learning environment. As this does limit space, we kindly request that you register only after you have considered the time commitment and checked the dates against your calendar. The class time commitment is 90 minutes per week in live sessions (cameras on, ready to play!), plus “practice within the laboratory of your family”. Your spot is secured once you have completed all the registration steps and acknowledged your agreement to our class policies.
*If you are interested in taking a class with Family Leadership Center, but this timing doesn’t work for you, you may choose to place your name on our class waitlist to be notified when the next programs become available. Placing your name here and sharing your preferences for classes and timing will help us in our planning for future programs.
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
Find us on facebook.
This program is offered tuition-free out of a commitment to make this work available to all. We greatly appreciate the donations given by participants who have attended our programs as well as our community of Family Leadership Center supporters and friends. You help make our commitment a reality with your generosity.
To make a donation to Family Leadership Center to support our programs, please donate here.
Family Leadership Center is an inclusive community where all are welcomed and encouraged to participate. Family Leadership Center does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.