An approach to raising the children in your life with resilience, respect, and responsibility
In this class, you will learn powerful alternatives to authoritarian and permissive parenting. In the process, you will grow more connected and have more fun with the children in your life. Learn skills that will enable you all to thrive with resilience and responsibility. Children raised with these skills are poised to make a positive difference in their communities and lead with respect for all.
- Engaging activities and exercises to practice in the class and take home to share with the children in your life
- Facilitated group conversation board
- Instructors available by text and email between classes
Leave each 2-hour session with:
- A new understanding of your parenting style and children’s behavior
- Fresh ideas for how to lead your family in an encouraging and truly powerful way
- Break the code to misbehavior and learn how to support a child’s growth in a positive direction
- Create goals for your family and clear skills to be able to reach your goals
WHO: parents, grandparents, caregivers and teachers with children of all ages in their lives
WHAT: Live, online eight-week course over Zoom
WHEN: Tuesday evenings
DATES: September 21, 28; October 5, 12, 19, 26; November 2 & 9
SESSION TIMES: 7:30 – 9:30 pm EDT
WHERE: Via Zoom
COST: This program is offered tuition-free out of a commitment to make this work available to all.
PROGRAM GUIDES: Marjie Longshore and Dara Kessler
RESERVE YOUR SPACE
Sessions meet Tuesday evenings
7:30 – 8:30pm EDT
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
This program is offered tuition-free out of a commitment to make this work available to all. We greatly appreciate the donations given by participants who have attended our programs as well as our community of Family Leadership Center supporters and friends. You help make our commitment a reality with your generosity. We are also funded in part this season by a grant from the Principle Business Fund of the Greater Toledo Community Foundation.
To make a donation to Family Leadership Center to support our programs, please donate here.