High School students and parents in Bethesda, Maryland are playing games together Sunday, April 3 and growing in their experience and understanding of belonging. This special event is hosted by the B-CC PTSA and is a collaboration between two non-profits, EnTeam and Family Leadership Center.
Here are the rules to one of the games they’ll play on Sunday afternoon:
Keep On Track
Objective: Teams work together rolling balls along tracks from the starting point to a bag as many times as possible in 3 minutes.
Materials: EnTeam Tracks, ping pong balls, bucket or bag
Rules: (you are free to use any strategy that doesn’t break these rules)
- When a ball is on your track, your feet must not move.
- Everyone must have turns rolling a ball.
- No more than six people in any relay line.
- Touch the ball only when you start the relay – or restart.
- You may not let the ball or track touch the floor.
- Your hands may not touch anyone else’s track.
- You may not move the bag or change the starting point.
If any rule is broken, restart from the starting point.
Return the ball to the point of beginning.
Score: One point each time a ball goes in the bag.
After each game, add all the scores together.
Then take time to reflect and debrief before the next game.
Winning: You win together if the combined score increases each time you play.
Everyone loses if the combined score doesn’t increase.
The challenge is to improve the score in a series of games.
©EnTeam 1995, 2015 All Rights Reserved. www.enteam.org