We support parents who want to raise the bar for their families.
Our mission is to give family leaders proven tools and encouragement to raise strong, caring and engaged families. Family leaders are given practical, proven tools to address challenges – whether reducing the small daily struggles like getting out the door in the morning or taking responsibility for homework and completing family chores or to shift the family climate of power struggles or sibling rivalry.
We offer a proven, practical approach to raising a family through classes, workshops, coaching and community talks. We serve parents, grandparents, caregivers and teachers.
Learn best practices for helping your child develop a strong self and a caring outlook on the world through:
- family meetings
- developing a growth mindset
Find support for common parenting struggles:
- how to respond to misbehavior
- strategies for eliminating sibling rivalry
We also provide recommendations for books and other resources that can support your family.
Our work is founded on the principles of authoritative parenting and the work of Alfred Adler, Rudolf Dreikurs and the many wonderful Adlerian parenting and community workers around the world – especially the Parent Encouragement Program in Washington, DC.
We are located in Yarmouth, Maine. Our 8 and 10 week parenting courses are offered locally, and are perfect for caregivers in the greater Portland area. 4 – week courses are available for small groups online. Workshops are given worldwide.
Marjie Longshore is a parent and lifelong learner. Her background includes:
- Certified Adlerian Parent Educator, Senior Level, Parent Encouragement Program, Washington DC.
- Experienced international speaker and trainer sharing proven parenting techniques through workshops, courses, and private coaching sessions.
- Ed.M Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Certified Responsive Classroom Teacher
- Member of the North American Society of Adlerian Psychology